Sunday, February 3, 2013

Cereal Killers

Today I have the Cereal Killer collection from Chirality.

*WARNING: If you are easily offended you should probably just leave now.*


There has been some weird drama over this collection, some people have avoiding talking about it, but I wont. This collection is hilarious and as much as I love Chirality polish honestly 80% of the reason I bought this collection was based on the theme. Serial killers are fascinating and America is obsessed with them. Dont even try to deny it. I was really surprised at the back lash. Does no one have a sense of humor? This collection is so clever, to change it to cereal instead of serial and then glitter in a white base like cereal in milk. Very impressed with this!


Left to right we have Dahmer Crunch, Raisin Gein, Bundy Berries and Special BTK. Sorry this picture is really blurry.
 The shitty part is that due to the backlash Chirality changed the description/story for each polish. But I thought they were hilarious so I was smart enough to save the originals for this review! I am so sad they changed them. They are funny. 


 "As I poured my Special K into a bowl to start my morning (albeit nearly at 1 pm), I could tell that my neighbor Dennis couldn't help but stare at me through my front windows, which had become his daily routine every time he went out to mail one of his many letters. Sure, he's a creep and a peeping tom, but a part of me loves the attention, especially if it is from good ole boring Dennis, the bored family man, Congregation president, and resident pervert. After I'm done with my cereal, I think I'll put some clothes on and continue torturing Dennis. I can tell he likes my nylon stockings the most. Perhaps I can make him sweat a little harder. What harm could that do?"


First up we have Special BTK. it has gorgeous red glitter of all sizes in a white base. Plus it has my favorite BIG HEX GLITTER!!!!! This is two coats over Sally Hansen Sheer Me now.
Here is the super awesome story that went along with this polish.

A little background on the serial killer himself,
BTK stands for Bind Torture Kill, his name is Dennis Rader. He killed a total of 10 people, the last one being in 1991 but he was not caught until 2005. He is currently serving life in prison and there is a total of 4 movies based on him.



"Upon further thought and thanks to a clear, yet hungover head, it may have not been a wise decision to come home with Jeffrey, whom I met at the club last night. We were both drinking and having a good time and we still did afterwards in his apartment, but now that I have my wits about me, it's clear that Jeffrey is a little....strange. He's kept quiet most of this morning, but he certainly can't seem to stop staring at me creepily. There are strange smells throughout his place and power tools thrown about. What's even weirder...we're eating kids cereal (Cap'n Crunch to be precise) out of these strange, decorative human skulls on his table. This one night stand couldn't possibly get worse, could it?"
hahahahaha

 Next we have Dahmer Crunch. I have to say the name of this polish is my favorite. Hahaha morbid and hilarious. It is full of different size hex glitter in a white base. It looks like cookies and cream!!! This is also two coats over Sally Hansen Sheer Me now.

A little back ground on Jeffery Dahmer. Hahaha he was FUCKED UP! He had a total of 17 confrimed victims. He was only 18 when he commited his first murder. He met most of his victims in gay bars. What makes him super fucked up is Dahmer got the idea that he could turn his victims into "zombies" — completely submissive, eternally youthful sexual partners – and attempted to do so by drilling holes into their skulls and injecting hydrochloric acid or boiling water into the frontal lobe area of their brains with a large syringe, usually while the victim was still alive. Other residents of the Oxford Apartments complex noticed terrible smells coming from Apartment 213, as well as the thumps of falling objects and the occasional buzzing of a power saw. Unlike many serial killers, Dahmer killed victims from a variety of racial backgrounds. Also HE FUCKING ATE PEOPLE! He was beaten to death in prison  There are about 4 movies based on him, one of them even starring Jeremy Renner which you may know from The Hurt Locker.


"I had opened the hardware store only a few minutes ago and already, Mr. Ed Gein was back in my store. He was in here last night looking around and said he would be back in this morning to pick up some anti-freeze. Judging by the gag filled with soup and Raisin Bran, he's already been to the grocer down the street. After the transaction, Edward asked me over for lunch with him and his mother. I found it strange considering Ed's mother died nearly two years ago but I said yes anyways, thinking he was just a poor, lonely man. He was a harmless man who loved his mother and was nice to everyone. I knew I could be safe with him."


This is Raisin Gein. It is full of purple glitter. ANDOMGLOOKATTHEGIANTHEXGLITTER!!!!!
This is also two coats over Sheer Me Now.


  • Ed Gein was seriously fucked up. He had 2 confirmed victims but he loved robbing graves and stealing the bodies of women he thought resembled his dead mother. Gein tried to make his mother happy, but she was rarely pleased with her boys; she often abused them, believing that they were destined to become failures like their father, who had become an alcoholic. After his mom he went nuts, she was his only friend and 'true love' fucking gross. Also when they searched hi house this is what they found: 

  • Four noses
  • Whole human bones and fragments
  • Nine masks of human skin
  • Bowls made from human skulls
  • Ten female heads with the tops sawn off
  • Human skin covering several chair seats
  • Mary Hogan's head in a paper bag
  • Bernice Worden's head in a burlap sack
  • Nine vulvae in a shoe box
  • A belt made from female human nipples
  • Skulls on his bedposts
  • A pair of lips on a draw string for a window-shade
  • A lampshade made from the skin from a human face
Remind you of anything? Yeah Silence of the Lambs and Psycho were based on him oh yeah and the ever so popular Texas Chainsaw Massacre. 


"As I walked down the sidewalk, I could hear a car slowly approaching behind me. It was a Volkswagen Beetle, and inside was a good-looking man with a cast on his arm. He said his name was Ted and complimented my beauty, which made me blush. He asked me to get in the car and come home with him so he could cook me a lavish meal. I looked in the back seat and saw bags of groceries he had just bought. Aside from the large amount of trash bags and sharp utensils, I saw the large, brand new, unopened box of Boo Berries, my favorite cereal. After seeing that, I was sold and hoped into Ted's Beetle. He seemed like he was worth the risk. What could go wrong?"


And last but not least we have Bundy Berries. It is jammed packed with all sizes of blue glitter.
This is two coats over Sally Hansen Sheer Me Now.
Ted Bundy commited most of his murders in my home state of Washington. 
His murders were 30 to 36, I guess they werent sure. He usually tricked women by wearing his arm in a sling or had cruches and would ask for help. He was a good looking man and most college girls would fall for his act. He was apprehended for good in 1978 and was killed by electric chair in 1989. There are three movies based on him.


So if you have read this far congrats! Haha this was a long review slash history report hahahaa. Aside from how much serial killers intrest me these polishes are amazing and look gorgeous. They go one smooth and you do not have to fish for glitter which is always good thing!
Chirality has a lot of other amazing polishes including some rad holos! I have 4 of them! 

Make sure to check out their store over on BIG CARTEL and check out their FACEBOOK page for updates on sales and new collections! 

xoBrittany

4 comments:

  1. I was super shocked by all the backlash as well and bought this collection almost completely because of the names, not to mention my love of white crellies. But as a grad student with degrees in Psychology and Clinical Psychology, serial killers are absolutely fascinating to me and it doesn't offend me at all to name a collection after them! I thought her ideas were brilliant and the polishes are lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I majored in abnormal psychology in college as well and it is sooo fascinating to try and understand why their minds work like they do. But their theme was so clever! I love glitter in white polish as well. So it was just the PERFECT collection for me. And I hope they follow through and release a second half of the collection. They mentioned this was just the first part of the collection. :)
      Have you bought any of their other polishes?

      Delete
    2. Nope - these were my first! I had heard of the brand, but once I saw this line I was hooked immediately! And ohhh my gosh, part 2 needs to happen. I'd love one based on the Manson family...I know Charles Manson wasn't a serial killer per se, but those murders and the structure and dynamics of the "family" have always fascinated me to no end!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments, but please refrain from leaving a link to your.