Friday, March 1, 2013

Dr. Seuss!!!

Today I have the entire Dr. Seuss collection from Above the Curve polish!!!
Above the Curve nail polish  are an amazing husband and wife team and they put a lot of hard work and love into the polishes they make. 
If you havent read before a little back story on Above the Curve and what makes me love the brand even more is that when Angel was 12 she was diagnosed with a severe case of Scoliosis. She had a 72 degree curve and her spine was making her ribs twist into her heart and lungs! She was rushed into life saving surgery to fuse her spine. She was sent to Shriner's Hospital for Children and they did her surgery for free. And no matter how many times I read and write this story I always tear up. I can't help it. To know that Angel is alive and well with her amazing husband Shawn and her gorgeous kids just makes me smile. 
Because Shriner's Hospital saved her life $1.00 from every bottle sold is donated to them. Anything to help repay them for the generosity they showed by saving Angel's life.

Now I am sure we have all grown up with Dr. Seuss, if not thats a little weird. Personally The Foot Book was the first book I could read all by myself. I was very proud. Hahaha. But of course I eventually read all of his books. And of course the polish is inspired by them!!


First up we have Green Eggs and Ham.

"I do not like them,
Sam-I-am.
I do not like
green eggs and ham."

Green Eggs and Ham is a gorgeous forest green holo below is two coats, no undies and no top coat. Personally when I think of Green Eggs and Ham this isnt the color that comes to mind, I tend to think of a more almost lime green color. Still this polish is gorgeous and easy to apply.


Here we have The Cat in the Hat

"We looked!
And we saw him!
The Cat in the Hat!
And he said to us,
Why do you sit there like that?"

The Cat in the Hat is a dark blue jelly base filled with different shapes and sizes of red, black and white glitter, including my favorite! BIG HEX GLITTER!!!
Below is two coats of this polish all on its own. But be sure to wear a base coat with this polish because it does tend to stain.
P.S. Never watch the movie. It was terrible.


Now we have Fox in Socks.

"Fox in socks
on box on Knox."

Fox in Socks is red/orange jelly polish. When you only use one coat it looks orange which I didnt really like. (Orange doesnt look very good on me) but as I added coats of polish it became this gorgeous red with a beautiful shimmer to it.
Below is three coats of Fox in Socks with no undies and no top coat.


Now we have Horton Hears a Who.

"Thats funny, thought Horton. There's no one around.
Then he heard it again! Just a very faint yelp
As if some tiny person were calling for help"

Horton Hears a Who is a beautiful grey polish with pink glitter. Of course there is no sun out in Washington so it was really hard to capture the pink glitter so I tried to take a close up picture so you can get somewhat of an idea.
Both pictures below are two coats of Horton Hears a Who with no top coat.



Next we have The Lorax.

"What was the Lorax?
And why was it there?
And why was it lifted and taken somewhere
from the far end of town where the Grickle-grass grows?
The old Once-ler still lives here.
Ask him. He knows."

The Lorax is an amazing yellowy golden holo. 

Also when I received The Lorax I thought it was going to look a lot like Aslan from Above the Curve's Narnia collection which you can view HERE but as you can see below Aslan is a much deeper darker gold than The Lorax. I figured if I thought this other people probably would to so I did a comparison shot.


Here we have Hop on Pop.
Hop on Pop is a sheer shimmery yellow base filled with small turquoise  medium orange hexes and BIG WHITE HEX GLITTER!!!!!
In the picture below I have two coats of Hop on Pop over two coats of The Lorax.


And last but not least we have my very favorite of the whole collection!!!
This one is called Oh, The Places You'll Go.

"You're on your own. And you know what you know.
And YOU are the guy who'll decide where to go"

This polish is a white polish PACKED with pastel glitter goodness. Blue, green, pink, yellow, purple and iridescent glitters!
Below is two coats over one coat of Lime Crime Milky Ways.

What do all of you think of this collection? Are you planning on picking any up?
You can buy these on Above the Curve's Etsy HERE or their Big Cartel page HERE. Remember $1.00 from each purchase is donated to Shriner's Hospital for Children. Also go check out their Facebook page HERE to stay up to date on new colors, sales and giveaways!

xoBrittany

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments, but please refrain from leaving a link to your.