Wednesday, April 3, 2013

And BOOM nail transfers


So I saw these on someone's blog and I can not remember for the life of me who, or it could've been on Facebook. Anyways it seemed like a rad idea. I have done newsprint nails before, but that gets old and I have heard of people doing it with maps but seriously who has maps anymore?! Having other prints to use seemed awesome, so I googled 'Fing'rs EDGE' and I found out you can get them at Wal-Mart and Rite Aid. And awesome for me I live like 2 feet from a Rite Aid so I walked over and bought them. They are $6.99.


It comes with three different designs, newsprint, an awesome zig zag pattern and what looks like a subway map?

 They are pretty big so I cut them in half. I have tiny nails.

I chose to use the zigzag design. So first a painted the nails I wanted them on with the creme color that came with the set and let dry. Then I cut the little design in half. They have a thin plastic sheet on top which you will want to peel off first. Then I submerged it in the water, pulled it back out and laid it face down on my nail, the backing just slides off and you can just clean up the edges like you would regular polish.

I decided to use them as an accent nail!! I did a gradient with Lime Crime Pastelchio and believe it or not I just sponged Sally Hansen White On on the tips but I think since the green was still a little wet it made the white look yellow which was fine by me. :) 


I also added a coat of China Glaze Wireless Holographic Top Coat.

And I have had bad experience with using SV over any sort of nail transfer anything so I just used Essie Good To Go. 


What do you guys think? Gonna go pick up some for yourself?

xoBrittany

7 comments:

  1. These look amazing! I've had such terrible luck with nail transfers but these sound more like skin tattoos for nails.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they go on like those tempory tattoos but even easier. And they arent hard to take off either.

      Delete
  2. Looks lovely as usual Brit Brit. I will always have a crush on your nails. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are SO cute Brittany (b*tch)! I'm going to have to look for those!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go get them Cara they are so rad! And soooooooooo easy!

      Delete
  4. ...NAIL ENVY! Loving the gradient too :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments, but please refrain from leaving a link to your.