Saturday, May 25, 2013

Spring Is Sprung!


Today I have the Spring is Sprung collection from Above the Curve. I know, I know, it is almost summer, I am super late.

If you dont know about Above the Curve then now I know you are not reading my blog. For SHAME -_-

The story behind Above the Curve is such an inspiring one.
Here is Angel's story
"When I was 12 I was diagnosed with a severe case of Scoliosis. I had a 72 degree curve and my spine was making my ribs twist into my heart and lungs. I had to have a rushed surgery to fuse my spine.
We were sent to Shriner's Hospitals for Children and they did my surgery for free!!     They saved my life!
Without them I wouldn't have met my wonderful husband and have my 3 beautiful children!
We have always wanted to repay them and help raise awareness and funds for Shriners Hospitals For Children as well as raise awareness for Scoliosis!
Hence the name Above The Curve
$1.00 of every bottle sold is donated to Shriner's Hospitals For Children."
That story always makes me cry but on to the swatches!!!!

First I have Daisy Lilac's It!
This polish is a gorgeous it  is full of turquoise and gold circle glitters, small burgundy, fuchsia and aqua hexes, fine holographic turquoise and pink hexes and small black stars in a pastel purple jelly base.
I wasnt able to get any stars out but this polish is so pretty. I put two coats over one coat of Lime Crime Lavendairy.

Now we have Rain Kissed Strawberries. 
Rain Kissed Strawberries is filled with fuchsia circle, hot pink and bubblegum pink hex glitters and fine fuchsia holographic hexes in beautiful pastel pink jelly base.
I liked this polish much more than I thought I would. I layer two coats of Rain Kissed Strawberries over Zoya Shelby.


Next we have my favorite of the collection!!!! 
Misty Morning. It is full of my favorite, BIG HEXES!!
"Misty Morning is inspired by the Spring sky. White hexes in different sizes for the clouds, silver hexes to mimic rain and iridescent rainbow hexes and shimmer mixed in a pastel blue jelly base."
For this polish I used two coats over Zoya Blu. The really big hexes were a little hard to fish out but it was totally worth it.



Next we have Field of Tulips.
Field Of Tulips is filled with different sizes of red, blue, orange, yellow, green, pink and purple hex glitters in a pastel green jelly base.
 I have to say this is probably my least favorite of the collection. I dont really know why but it just doesnt stand out to me.
Below I but two coats over China Glaze Keep Calm, Paint On. On my ring finger is two coats all by itself so you can see when it looks like without undies.

Last but not least we have Sunset Skies.
Sunset Skies is a creamy pastel orange base filled with yellow, orange and pink medium hexes, small and fine white hexes, pink circle's and fine rose and bright pink holographic hexes.
Below is three coats all on its own!

And here is one coat of Sunset Skies over Sally Hansen Mango Motion.



What do you guys think of this collection? It is perfect for spring and summer. 
You can buy the collection and other awesome polishes at Above the Curve's Big Cartel STORE
And make sure to follow them on FACEBOOK for for previews of new collections and giveaways!

xoBrittany

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments, but please refrain from leaving a link to your.