Thursday, August 8, 2013

Untried Polish Challenge Day 5 and 6

It is time again for the Untried Polish Challenge.
I know I am a little behind in posting so I have combined Day 5 and Day 6, Warm and Cool


So I did cheat a little and used the same base color for both manis although it was previously untried.
I started out with two coats of China Glaze Dandy Lyin' Around I then added two coats of Different Dimension Comfortably Numb. 

Comfortably Numb is a clear base packed with neon pink and bright yellow glitters. There are both square and hex glitters of different sizes but it has my all time favorite!!!!!!! BIG HEXES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think perfectly fit the theme of 'warm' the colors screen SUMMER TIME. They are so bright and cherry I love them! I saw Cosmetic Sanctuary put this polish over China Glaze Sun of a Peach and it looked gorgeous so I might try that as well.


Next up we have Day 6 which was 'Cool'. So again I used China Glaze Dandy Lyin' Around and then I did my first attempt at cutting chevron strips with craft scissors and scotch tape. My nails are so short I need smaller strips but it is really hard to cute them any smaller. :(

I used China Glaze Sunday Funday. It is a really gorgeous blue and the whole design made it look kind of like waves which fit even better with the 'cool' theme. 

Overall I dont think I like this one very much. I think I need a lot more practice with cutting the tape and with the placement. But I love Comfortably Numb. Different Dimension has so many unique polishes of such a amazing quality and you can check out her store HERE

xoBrittany


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments, but please refrain from leaving a link to your.